Sunday, January 8, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

The sassy Ticka over at Spoon Full of Sugar has tagged me and I am going on with the get along.   It was actually kind of fun trying to figure out how to answer and what to ask. Interesting indeed.

The Rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this' You have to tag 11 peeps.


11 Random Things About Me:
1.   I can eat nothing but chicken and rice prepared any way for the rest of my life.
2.   I ran track year round from 4th grade until my 2nd year in college with VERY SMALL breaks.
3.   I carried the same every day purse for 2 years straight... I know sooo un-fashionista like.  I'm working on that.
4.   I am a morning person with night owl tendencies.
5.   I collect socks...character and prints.
6.   I don't wear white athletic socks.

7.   I'm not big on sweets (salt is my problem) I have to be in the mood for it.  Even the candy I eat is sour.
8.   I want to join an adult double dutch team.
9.   I am a homebody at heart but enjoy spending time with family and friends.
10. I am a BIG sports fan. My mom calls me the son she never had and the Mr. LOVES it.
11. I am a BIG music lover.  I can probably find at least one song from every genre that I like.

My Answers to Ticka's Questions:

1. Where did you grow up? The Boogie Down Bronx and the DMV (DC metro area)

2. Have you ever travelled outside of the country?  Yes...but would love to do it more often.

3. What is style to you? Style is being able to fashionably and authentically express who you are with carefully infusing current trends.

4. How has your style changed over the past few years? My style has matured and I've been allowing myself to loosen up just a little.  Still a work in progress though.

5. What is your greatest accomplishment?  I would like to say my career (which I am proud of) but honestly I feel it is building the family I have.

6. What/who makes you smile? My fellas...Tony Mac, Tre' and Devan, pair of new shoes, socks, and a great find at the thrift store...just to name a few.

7. Do you have a piece of clothing that you refuse to give up or throw away?  Ummm...yeah!  Too many.  That's my problem.  The vast majority of my closet is older than my children.  Trends cycle you know and I like to be prepared...pfft.

8. Who is your greatest influence?  My mom...she is amazeballs! 

9. What size shoe do you wear? I wear a 9 wide but most stores don't carry wides, so I just get a 10.

10. Who's the most famous person you've ever met?  I believe the most famous person would have to be Carl Lewis.

11. What's your favorite meal to prepare?  I guess it would have to be my slow roasted beef and whatever else I cook with it.

My Questions for You:
1.   If you could be any profession besides your current profession, what would you be?
2.   What guilty pleasure TV show can you not miss?
3.   What was the last song you heard?
4.   Cat or dog?
5.   Who is your celebrity crush?
6.   What is your preferred style of shoe?
7.   After a bad day at work, what will make you feel better?
8.   What is one of your bad habits (we all have them)?
9.   Do you speak any foreign languages?
10.  Have you ever broken a limb?
11.  What is your favorite genre of music?
http://www.fifthnsixthcloset.com/ (one or both of you can participate)
http://certifiedpreownedstyle.blogspot.com/ (one or all of you can participate)
Have fun!!!
Tavia

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, I shall get on it!!!

    Love your answers, hahah 'amazeballs'?

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i was tagged also! I think its a great ice breaker too. Lol at adult double ducth that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating! I think it was a cool & fun thing for us all. It keeps the fun and blog love going, not to mention, it opens us up to other blogs that we might not have known about.

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tag :-) will be posting my response very soon!

    ~nic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I answered your tag. Check it out! http://certifiedpreownedstyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/weve-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!!! I learned so much about you. These challenges are so good!

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to show me blog love.Your comments mean the world to me! Thank you!